Nothing can be more annoying than the dirty dishes coming out of the dishwasher. There may be a couple of things responsible that causes the malfunctioning of your dishwasher, but there is no need to worry. We have come up with some quick fixes with the help of which it will start the cleaning process once more.
1. Leftovers on the dishes – Chances are quite high that you are putting the dishes in the dishwasher along with the debris in them. It is recommended to wash the dishes first before placing them in the dishwasher, this way it will not have a tough time cleaning the food scraps. It is possible that the dishwasher is not able to clean those food chunks and thus they don’t come out properly cleaned.
2. Maintaining accurate water temperature – If the water is not hot enough, then the dishwasher might not be able to clean the dishes efficiently. Do a test to check the water temperature by taking the water from the dishwasher into a glass or sink and with the help of a thermometer check its temperature. If it is not between 120°F to 150°F, consider adjusting the settings for hot water in your dishwasher.
3. Not sufficient water in the dishwasher – This is one of the most common problems faced almost on a daily basis. In order to clean the dishes effectively, the dishwater should have the required quantity of water. You can also check the quantity by doing a test, start the wash cycle and when the dishwasher stops filling water inside open the door to see the water level. It should reach the heating coil, if not then check for the float valve and the inlet valve whether they are functioning properly or not.
4. Correct detergent type – You need to first check the type of water that runs from the tap of your house, soft or hard water. Since there are different types of detergents available that works best with different types of water available. For example, if your area gets the supply of hard type a suitable detergent should be used to properly clean the dishes, so it is always recommended to know the type of detergent that you are buying and also be sure that it suits the type of water in your area.
5. Damaged inlet valve – Food particles and other debris on the dishes can sometimes result in clogging the inlet valve thus resulting in damage of the dishwasher. If you notice or get to know about the damage of the inlet valve in the dishwasher then consider a replacement from the store since trying to fix the inlet valve may result in breaking it.
Nothing seems to work right? Go for the deep cleaning of your dishwasher. You will be amazed by the performance thereafter since the quality of the wash increases drastically by just cleaning the dishwasher properly. If the problem still persists you should call for an expert to give it a thorough checkup in order to figure out the main cause behind.