Nothing can be more annoying than the dirty dishes coming out of the dishwasher. There may be a couple of things responsible that causes the malfunctioning of your dishwasher, but there is no need to worry. We have come up with some quick fixes with the help of which it will start the cleaning process once more.
1. Leftovers on the dishes – Chances are quite high that you are putting the dishes in the dishwasher along with the debris in them. It is recommended to wash the dishes first before placing them in the dishwasher, this way it will not have a tough time cleaning the food scraps. It is possible that the dishwasher is not able to clean those food chunks and thus they don’t come out properly cleaned.
2. Maintaining accurate water temperature – If the water is not hot enough, then the dishwasher might not be able to clean the dishes efficiently. Do a test to check the water temperature by taking the water from the dishwasher into a glass or sink and with the help of a thermometer check its temperature. If it is not between 120°F to 150°F, consider adjusting the settings for hot water in your dishwasher.
3. Not sufficient water in the dishwasher – This is one of the most common problems faced almost on a daily basis. In order to clean the dishes effectively, the dishwater should have the required quantity of water. You can also check the quantity by doing a test, start the wash cycle and when the dishwasher stops filling water inside open the door to see the water level. It should reach the heating coil, if not then check for the float valve and the inlet valve whether they are functioning properly or not.
4. Correct detergent type – You need to first check the type of water that runs from the tap of your house, soft or hard water. Since there are different types of detergents available that works best with different types of water available. For example, if your area gets the supply of hard type a suitable detergent should be used to properly clean the dishes, so it is always recommended to know the type of detergent that you are buying and also be sure that it suits the type of water in your area.
5. Damaged inlet valve – Food particles and other debris on the dishes can sometimes result in clogging the inlet valve thus resulting in damage of the dishwasher. If you notice or get to know about the damage of the inlet valve in the dishwasher then consider a replacement from the store since trying to fix the inlet valve may result in breaking it.
Nothing seems to work right? Go for the deep cleaning of your dishwasher. You will be amazed by the performance thereafter since the quality of the wash increases drastically by just cleaning the dishwasher properly. If the problem still persists you should call for an expert to give it a thorough checkup in order to figure out the main cause behind.…
There are times which becomes annoying to us, especially when we go for cleaning our clothes on Saturday’s and Sunday’s and after putting clothes inside the washing machine we find that the tub of the washing machine is not spinning. It happens due to several reasons which we are not even aware of. Just by taking some small considerations we can even come out of these problems within seconds.
If you are a regular user of washing machine, you could have definitely come across this problem couple of times.
We have compiled some of the reasons of these problems which can be sorted out by taking some small steps and start our cleaning as soon as possible.
Three Reasons Why Your Washing Machine Won’t Spin
Overload of the washing machine
It sounds simple but this may be one of the reasons for why your washing machine stops spinning? So, it is clear that if your washing machine has stopped spinning then overload may be the problem. Therefore, inspite of thinking that your washing has got some technical problem or the drum or tub is broken, consider this as the first reason.
Most of the times when a washing machine detects overload it does not even start or if it starts the movement of the tub would not be proper. So, first of all, remove some of the clothes put inside your tub and then try to start it again. We have found that in 90 percent of the cases, this problem exists for not spinning of the tub.
Also, always remember to keep some room inside the tum and do not fill whole tub with clothes as water also requires some space to clean up your clothes.
Unevenly distribution of clothes inside the tub
Spinning happens due to the actuator that balances the tub, keeping the tub on the centre. Due to unevenly distribution of load, the spinning can cause some serious damage to your washing machine. Therefore, it is always instructed to the washing machine not to spin in this case.
Therefore, to get rid of this problem just take out the clothes from the tub and then redistribute inside the tub again.
However, it can also happen if you put 1-2 clothes inside the tub. So, it is always advised to put some of the load inside the tub as small load also distort the balance of the tub.
Washing machine not at level
Yes, this could also be a simple reason of not spinning of your tub. When your washing machine is not at level there are chances that when it starts spinning it would start moving from its place which can cause serious problems to other parts. Therefore, most of the washing machine is directed to stop spinning in this case.
This occurs most of the time in a semi-automatic washing machine, which can be moved from one part of your home to another. These are often provided with wheels for it ease moving.
Therefore, always look for the level ground before placing your washing machine and before start of any cleaning cycle.…
Refrigerators perform as good as you take care of them. If you have ever noticed your eatables getting rotten and your milk spoiling quickly then the most prominent reason for this can be the temperature settings of your fridge. Most refrigerators work best under the 5-degree Celsius mark and are advised to be set at 4-degree Celsius for the fridge and 1 to 2-degree Celsius for the freezer or lower if required.
Correct temperature setting is very essential for keeping the food fresh for longer and keeping the food from getting perished sooner. Here are a few tips to make sure that you make the most out of your refrigerator.
1. External thermometer – Nowadays mostly all new refrigerators come with an inbuilt thermometer that shows the current operating temperature of the refrigerator. But there is always a chance that the inbuilt thermometer may malfunction and you will never know about it until your food items start spoiling. So its always better to have an external refrigerator thermometer to keep an eye on the actual temperature of the refrigerator and set the temperature accordingly if the need arises.
2. Don’t leave it empty – Always try to keep your refrigerator full if you are using it regularly. Keeping more stuff in the refrigerator significantly decreases the amount of air that can be replaced every time you open the refrigerator door. This mostly helps whenever you open the refrigerator door as, if the fridge is almost empty then with every instance of the door being opened, warm air from the outside will replace the cooler air on the inside continuously increasing the temperature inside the refrigerator. Therefore if the air circulation is less, then the refrigerator has to work less to keep the air inside it cool.
3. Don’t overstuff it – In the previous tip we advised you not to leave the fridge empty, but you should also keep in mind not to overstuff it. If the items are placed to closely there won’t be enough empty space for the cool air to pass through. Moreover, the food items will start to act as an insulator and will get warm. So it is important to keep the number of food items in a balance.
4. Ideal temperature – Make sure that your refrigerator is always operated in the temperature range of 5-degree Celsius to 0-degree Celsius. Higher temperatures can cause the food to spoil quickly and too low temperatures can make the refrigerator to work overtime increasing the power consumption.
5. Airflow – A unhindered airflow between the refrigerator and the freezer is required for the proper functioning of the refrigerator. The air flow helps to moderate and balance the temperature differences and avoid any kind of sudden frosting or heating of the refrigerator. If you find your refrigerator to be heating more than usual or the freezer having frost in it then make sure that there is nothing blocking the air vents and the air can pass freely throughout the refrigerator.
6. Avoid the refrigerator doors – Some food items are more prone to spoilage than others and the door of a refrigerator is an area which usually receives the least amount of cold air and gets warm pretty easily as compared to the other regions. So always make sure that you avoid putting any easily spoilable products on the refrigerator door. Food items such as butter, cheese, etc which can benefit from little less cold temperatures can be put in the door while keeping the other food items such as eggs much closer to the colder regions.
7. Know the cold regions – In the previous point, we talked about the temperature conditions of the refrigerator door and food items suitable for that kind of temperature. Here we will talk about which regions of the fridge are the coldest and what kind of food items you should put in which locations of your fridge. The ideal temperature for the refrigerator should be kept between 1 to 2 degree Celsius as it is neither too warm or nor too cold. Usually, the bottom and the back side of the refrigerator are the coldest.
The back, because the cooling coils are located at the back of the refrigerator and the bottom because warm air rises up so usually the bottom area, has much cooler air.
Considering this you should keep the food items according to their tolerance to warm temperatures. The items which are less likely to be affected by warmer temperatures should be kept in the top shelves of the refrigerator while the ones that require cooler temperatures should be kept at the back or at the bottom of the refrigerator.…